Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene is heading for the Greater Fall River area!

Hurricane Irene is heading for the Greater Fall River area! Earlier this week I blogged about being prepared in the event of a hurricane. Well, today I found myself following my own advice. Hurricane Irene is bearing down Hurricane Irene bearing down on Greater Fall Riveron the east coast and forecasters are telling New Englanders to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. This morning I put away all my back yard and porch furniture, brought in the hanging plants, picked the ripened tomatoes, and took down the bird feeders. I also found my flashlights, check the batteries, located my old  battery operated transistor radio (it’s over 35 years old and still works great). All the time I was doing this I was hoping it will have been a waste of time and I will be putting everything back Monday to enjoy the rest of the summer!




The storm is still 2 days away, but the campgrounds at HorseneckBeach, and all the residents of the summer trailers on the East beach are expecting the town of Westport to order an evacuation this afternoon when the hurricane watch becomes a warning. Swansea police are cautioning the public to expect access roads closures in the Ocean Grove area. Even inland the Freetown police are concerned with flooding at the TauntonRiver in Assonet. Other than flooding, the overriding concern throughout the Greater Fall River area is the potential for widespread power outages from the wind and downed trees.

If you haven’t already prepared, check out my last blog for some tips and play it safe this weekend!


For more about the Greater Fall River area, visit my website at www.stevew-homes.comor contact me directly at 508-558-8035.

No comments:

Post a Comment