Thursday, September 15, 2011

A fantastic resource available to everyone in the Greater Fall River area and it is FREE!

A fantastic resource available to everyone in the Greater Fall River area and it is FREE!

Most folks know that your local public library is a wonderful resource in any community, and the Fall River Public Library, “The Peoples University” is no exception, but I recently found a service they offer and I love it!Fall River Public Library


OK, time for a little background. I used to commute from Fall River to places north like Avon, Waltham and Boston. Anyone who travels up and down Route 24 during rush hour traffic knows this simple 45-60 minute drive can easily become a 2-3 hour nightmare on any given day, and if the weather is bad, you are almost guaranteed a long trip. As a result I got tired of the usual music radio stations and talk radio shows and eventually found the wonderful world of audio books.  I started listening to biographies of historical figures like Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and historical works like ”Mayflower”.  I also enjoyed mystery novels by James Patterson, John Grisham, Dean Koontz and many others. I actually started to enjoy the commute.

I no longer spend hours in the car and had not been listening to the books until I started exercising and walking earlier this year. I purchased a few audio books on line and downloaded them to my IPOD and started enjoying my workout much more. I especially like to take a 4 mile walk at the waterfront here in Fall River and the time goes by in a snap. Now, my children will tell you I can be frugal, or better put-cheap. I discovered that the Fall River Public Library is part of the Sails Library Network known as  SAILSINC. Here you can download Audiobooks, eBooks and music all for FREE. You don’t even have to go to your local library branch, just download them to your home computer anytime you want, 24/7.

I suggest that if you don’t already have a library card, get down to your local branch and sign up. It’s free and any Massachusetts resident can get one. Then start listening to best sellers (I am listening to “The Help” right now) and maybe got some exercise too!


To learn more about the Greater Fall River area, visit my website at  www.stevew-homes.com or contact me directly at 508-558-8035.

No comments:

Post a Comment